Pages

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Safeguard-Character Feature #1

Hello everyone! I'm going to start doing posts highlighting each of the main characters in Safeguard; explaining who they are, what they do, where they come from, etc... Mostly to help myself figure their stories out while I finish the art, but also for your enjoyment!

First up is Charley:

The initial full-body design for Charlie.

Charley is a brawler. He began prize fighting when he was 12, and never looked back. Since there are no longer any human opponents that interest him, he has taken to fighting the nastiest and biggest creatures he can find.  Often more than 10 at a time.

6 months ago, Charley disappeared without a trace. Leaving his manager, fans, and opponents equal parts confused and frustrated. Some outlying towns have reported sightings of Charley wandering the wilderness with a pair of gigantic mechanical constructs. But nothing has been confirmed.

Some in-progress artwork of Charlie doing what he does best

I originally came up with Charley because I really loved the idea of a character that fights only with his fists. I had this image in my head of Charley going up against a monster easily 10 times his size, grimacing and swinging his bloody knuckles with manic abandon. So I knew without a doubt that he needed to be a part of this world.  

His frame and design are meant to evoke that classic "strong man" vibe, complete with moustache and striped shirt. I really want him to stand out as a larger than life character.

Some Future Ideas I have for him:

-Different Tattoos reflecting his most prized "kills"
-A variety of championship belts that he has won throughout his career. 
-"The One That Got Away"- maybe a sort of nemesis-monster that Charley wasn't able to defeat, and haunts him to this day.

Hope you guys enjoy these little character bios! They are by no means complete, so your thoughts and comments are more than welcome.

-Jason





1 comment: